Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reading!

Alayna's favorite things are her books. She looks at all the pictures over and over, she will only go to sleep listening to one of her stories on CD, she loves being read to, and she loves reading to others. One thing I didn't know, was that she could read them silently. We were cleaning the house today, and I got caught up with a magazine article. Alayna was supposed to be cleaning up her room, but she got distracted, too. I didn't hear anything out of her room for a little while, so when I went to see what she was up to, this is what I found. She was halfway through a Junie B Jones book, and she said she read the whole thing, she wasn't just looking at it. It looks like all this practice really is paying off. We had to clean up her room together later, but I was glad to see her doing something new.

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

haha...whoa! Bet you weren't ready for that yet! What a smart cookie and it's awesome she is so into her books. Man, our girls have so many things in common! Enjoy your time boating with your mom today:)